Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Tuesday 14 June 2011

Product Mentions...

Very short post to express my appreciation of a couple of recent purchases, and to draw the attention of anyone (specifically UK residents) who does not know of them. No, neither of these has anything to do with dandelion removal - well, nothing obvious.



First off, a plug for a local Edinburgh business - Harburn Hobbies. Makers of fine model railway scenery, and definitely not cheap, but their cast-resin rivers are superb. I haven't actually used them on the battlefield yet, but I am impressed - they make my home-made rivers look wretched, not to mention insanitary. Only slight problem at present is that their bends are all about 75 degrees, and I'm trying to pluck up a plan and the necessary courage to alter them to a hex-friendly 60 degrees.


Secondly, I got some pre-cut bases from East Riding Miniatures (ERM), of Hull, who now do laser-cut 2mm MDF in any size you can think of. Excellent - they are quick, friendly, very helpful, and surprisingly cheap. My brand loyalty just shifted. Thanks, Tony.

2 comments:

  1. Have to agree, East Riding Miniatures offer a fantastic service all round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way that river looks, and was just thinking about making one. The trouble is it would be better if it could slope down but that causes a whole new set of problems. But it looks nice, like a creek with the rocks visible down below.

    ReplyDelete